Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 41. Offenses Against the Person
- Section 370. Definitions.
previous: Section 330
. Custodial Interference in the Second Degree.
next: Section 410
. Sexual Assault in the First Degree.
AS 11.41.370. Definitions.
In AS 11.41.300
- 11.41.370, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "lawful custodian" means a parent, guardian, or other person responsible by authority of law for the care, custody, or
control of another;
- (2) "relative" means a parent, stepparent, ancestor, descendant, sibling, uncle, or aunt, including a relative of the same
degree through marriage or adoption;
- (3) "restrain" means to restrict a person's movements unlawfully and without consent, so as to interfere substantially
with the person's liberty by moving the person from one place to another or by confining the person either in the place
where the restriction commences or in a place to which the person has been moved; a restraint is "without consent" if
it is accomplished
- (A) by acquiescence of the restrained person, if the restrained person is under 16 years of age or is incompetent and the
restrained person's lawful custodian has not acquiesced in the movement or confinement; or
- (B) by force, threat, or deception.
Article 04. SEXUAL OFFENSES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.