Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 50. Alaska Revised Limited Liability Company Act
- Section 20. Limited Liability Company Name.
previous: Section 15
. Compliance With Other Laws.
next: Section 25
. Distinguishable Name.
AS 10.50.020. Limited Liability Company Name.
- (a) The name of a limited liability company stated in the company's articles of organization must contain the words
"limited liability company" or the abbreviation "L.L.C.," or "LLC". The word "limited" may be abbreviated as "Ltd.,"
and the word "company" may be abbreviated as "Co."
- (b) The name of a city, borough, or village may be used in a limited liability company name; however, the name may not
contain the word "city," "borough," or "village" or otherwise imply that the company is a municipality.
- (c) A person may not adopt a name that contains the words "limited liability company" unless the person is organized under
this chapter or is registered as a foreign limited liability company under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.