Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 20. Alaska Nonprofit Corporation Act
- Section 21. Corporate Name.
previous: Section 16
. Defense of Ultra Vires.
next: Section 26
. Registered Office and Registered Agent.
AS 10.20.021. Corporate Name.
- (a) The name of a corporation may not contain a word or phrase that indicates or implies that it is organized for a
purpose other than one or more of the purposes contained in the articles of incorporation of the corporation.
- (b) The name of the corporation must be distinguishable on the records of the department from the name of any other
organized entity and from a reserved or registered name. The department may adopt regulations under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) to implement this subsection.
In this subsection, "organized entity" and "reserved or registered name" have the meanings given in AS 10.35.040
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.