Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 575. Use of Term "Cooperative".
previous: Section 570
. Declaration of Public Policy That Cooperatives Are Not in Restraint of Trade.
next: Section 578
. Distinguishable Name.
AS 10.15.575. Use of Term "Cooperative".
- (a) A person other than a cooperative association incorporated under this chapter or a previous law of the state may not
use the term "cooperative," or any variation of the term, as part of its corporate or other business name or title.
However, this section does not apply to cooperatives organized to generate and transmit electric energy and power or to
furnish electric or telephone service.
- (b) A cooperative may enjoin a violation of this section upon suit without a showing of damage to itself.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.