Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 475. Procedure After Filing of Statement of Intent to Dissolve.
previous: Section 470
. Filing Statement of Intent to Dissolve.
next: Section 480
. Revocation of Voluntary Dissolution Proceedings By Act of Cooperative.
AS 10.15.475. Procedure After Filing of Statement of Intent to Dissolve.
After the filing by the department of a statement of intent to dissolve
- (1) the cooperative shall proceed to collect its assets, convey and dispose of the property not to be distributed in kind
to its members or shareholders, pay, satisfy and discharge its liabilities and obligations and do all other acts
required to liquidate its business and affairs, and, after paying or adequately providing for the payment of all its
obligations, distribute the remainder of its assets, either in cash or in kind, among the persons entitled to them by
law, the articles and the bylaws;
- (2) the cooperative, at any time during the liquidation of its business and affairs, may apply to a court within the state
and judicial district in which the registered office or principal place of business of the cooperative is situated to
have the liquidation continued under the supervision of the court as provided in this chapter;
- (3) any cooperative which has filed a statement of intent to dissolve that does not, within two years from the date of
filing, carry the dissolution to a conclusion shall be involuntarily dissolved as provided in AS 10.06 (Alaska Corporations Code).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.