Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 460. Voluntary Dissolution By Act of Cooperative.
previous: Section 455
next: Section 465
. Execution and Content of Statement of Intent to Dissolve.
AS 10.15.460. Voluntary Dissolution By Act of Cooperative.
- (a) A cooperative may be dissolved by the act of the cooperative, when authorized in the manner set out in this section.
- (b) The board shall adopt a resolution directing the question of dissolution to be submitted to a vote at an annual or
special meeting of members.
- (c) Written notice shall be given to each member in the manner provided in this chapter for the giving of notice of
meetings of members, and must state that the purpose, or one of the purposes, of the meeting is to consider the
advisability of dissolving the cooperative.
- (d) At the meeting a vote of members shall be taken on a resolution to dissolve the cooperative. The resolution is
adopted if it receives the affirmative vote of two-thirds of the member votes cast. The articles may permit
shareholders to vote on a resolution for dissolution, and may fix the proportion of authorized shareholder votes
required for adoption.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.