Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 605. Voluntary Dissolution By Vote or Written Consent of Shares, or By Approval of the Board.
previous: Section 590
. Conversion to Limited Liability Company.
next: Section 608
. Certificate of Election: Contents, Signing, and Filing.
AS 10.06.605. Voluntary Dissolution By Vote or Written Consent of Shares, or By Approval of the Board.
- (a) A corporation may elect voluntarily to wind up and dissolve by
- (1) the vote of shareholders taken at a special or annual meeting with notice under AS 10.06.410
to each shareholder entitled to vote at the meeting and stating that the purpose, or one of the purposes, of the
meeting is to consider approval of voluntary dissolution of the corporation; at the meeting the election to voluntarily
dissolve is adopted upon receiving the affirmative votes of two-thirds or more of the shares of the corporation
entitled to vote, unless any class of shares is entitled to vote as a class, in which case the election is adopted upon
receiving the affirmative vote of two-thirds or more of the shares of each class entitled to vote as a class and of
two-thirds or more of the shares entitled to vote; or
- (2) written consent of the shares taken without a meeting under AS 10.06.423.
- (b) A corporation may elect by approval of the board to wind up and dissolve if the corporation has
- (1) been adjudicated bankrupt;
- (2) disposed of all of its assets and has not conducted any business for a period of five years immediately preceding the
adoption of the resolution to dissolve the corporation; or
- (3) issued no shares.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.