Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 130. Exclusive Use of Name; Remedies.
previous: Section 125
. Registration of Corporate Name.
next: Section 135
. Procedure For Registration of Corporate Name.
AS 10.06.130. Exclusive Use of Name; Remedies.
- (a) A corporation that is organized under this chapter has the exclusive right to the name under which it was organized. A
foreign corporation that has obtained a certificate of authority under this chapter has the exclusive right to the name
under which it received its certificate of authority. A corporation that has registered a name under AS 10.06.125
has the exclusive right to the use of the registered name.
- (b) A corporation with the exclusive right to a name under (a) of this section
- (1) may enjoin the use of a name that is not distinguishable on the records of the department from the name to which the
corporation has the exclusive right under (a) of this section;
- (2) has a cause of action for damages against a person who uses a name that is not distinguishable on the records of the
department from the name to which the corporation has the exclusive right under (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.