Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 55. Special Actions and Proceedings
- Section 650. Claim Based On Sexual Abuse to a Minor Under 16 Years of Age.
previous: Section 610
. - 09.55.640. [Renumbered as AS 25.35.020
next: Chapter 60
. Costs and Attorney Fees; Settlements
AS 09.55.650. Claim Based On Sexual Abuse to a Minor Under 16 Years of Age.
- (a) A person who, as a minor under 16 years of age, was the victim of sexual abuse may maintain an action for recovery of
damages against the perpetrator of the act or acts of sexual abuse based on the perpetrator's intentional conduct for
an injury or condition suffered as a result of the sexual abuse.
- (b) If the defendant committed more than one act of sexual abuse on the plaintiff, the plaintiff is not required to prove
which specific act caused the injury.
- (c) In this section, "sexual abuse" means an act committed by the defendant against the plaintiff maintaining the cause of
action if the defendant's conduct would have violated a provision of AS 11.41.410
- 11.41.440 or 11.41.450 - 11.41.458, former AS 11.15.120
, 11.15.134, or 11.15.160, or former AS 11.40.110
at the time it was committed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.