Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 86. Psychologists and Psychological Associates
- Section 230. Definitions.
previous: Section 220
. Limits or Conditions On License; Discipline.
next: Chapter 87
. Real Estate Appraisers
AS 08.86.230. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "board" means the Board of Psychologist and Psychological Associate Examiners;
- (2) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (3) "private agency" means a clinic or private practice, or custodial, rehabilitative, or health care organization whose
mental health services are under the direction of a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist;
- (4) "psychological associate" means a person licensed under this chapter who renders psychological services and complies
with AS 08.86.164;
- (5) "psychologist" means a person who practices psychology;
- (6) "to practice psychology" means to render or offer to render for a fee to individuals, groups, organizations, or the
public for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or amelioration of psychological problems and emotional and mental
disorders of individuals or groups or for conducting research on human behavior, a psychological service involving the
application of psychological principles, methods, and procedures of understanding, predicting, and influencing
- (A) the principles pertaining to learning, perception, motivation, emotions, and interpersonal relationships;
- (B) the methods and procedures of interviewing, counseling, psychotherapy, biofeedback, behavior modification, and
- (C) constructing, administering and interpreting tests of mental abilities, aptitudes, interests, attitudes, personality
characteristics, emotions, and motivations.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.