Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 86. Psychologists and Psychological Associates
- Section 160. Licensing Requirements.
previous: Section 150
. License By Credentials.
next: Section 162
. Qualifications For Associates' Examination.
AS 08.86.160. Licensing Requirements.
- (a) The board shall issue a psychological associate license to a person who
- (1) holds an earned master's degree from an academic institution whose program of graduate study for a master's degree in
psychology meets the criteria established by the board by regulation in
- (A) clinical psychology;
- (B) counseling psychology; or
- (C) education in a field of specialization considered equivalent by the board;
- (2) has not engaged in dishonorable conduct related to the practice of counseling or psychometry;
- (3) has two years of post master's supervised experience approved by the board; and
- (4) takes and passes the objective examination developed or approved by the board for psychological associates.
- (b) The board may not deny recognition as an accredited or approved academic institution to an educational institution
solely because its program has not been accredited by a professional organization of psychologists.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.