Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 68. Nursing
- Section 200. License By Endorsement.
previous: Section 190
. License By Examination.
next: Section 210
. Temporary Permits.
AS 08.68.200. License By Endorsement.
- (a) The board may issue a license by endorsement to practice as a registered or practical nurse, whichever is appropriate,
to an applicant who has worked as a nurse within the past five years if the applicant
- (1) is licensed as either a registered or practical nurse under the laws of another state if, in the opinion of the board,
the applicant meets the qualifications required for licensing in the state and meets the requirements of AS 08.68.170
- (2) meets the requirements of AS 08.68.170
and has successfully completed the Canadian Nurses' Association Testing Service examination if the board determines it
is comparable to the examination administered by this state.
- (b) The board may issue a license by endorsement to practice as a registered or practical nurse, whichever is appropriate,
to an applicant who has not worked as a nurse within the past five years if the applicant meets the requirements of
either (a)(1) or (a)(2) of this section and
- (1) meets the continuing competency requirements of the board; or
- (2) completes a course of study approved by the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.