Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 68. Nursing
- Section 100. Duties and Powers of Board.
previous: Section 90
next: Section 110
. Appointment of Executive Officer. [Repealed, Sec. 3 Ch 59 SLA 1966].
AS 08.68.100. Duties and Powers of Board.
- (a) The board shall
- (1) adopt regulations necessary to implement this chapter, including regulations pertaining to practice as an advanced
nurse practitioner and a nurse anesthetist, and regulations necessary to implement AS 08.68.331 - 08.68.336 relating to certified nurse aides in order to
protect the health, safety, and welfare of clients served by nurse aides;
- (2) approve curricula and adopt standards for basic education programs that prepare persons for licensing under AS 08.68.190
- (3) provide for surveys of the basic nursing education programs in the state at the times it considers necessary;
- (4) approve education programs that meet the requirements of this chapter and of the board, and deny, revoke, or suspend
approval of education programs for failure to meet the requirements;
- (5) examine, license, and renew the licenses of qualified applicants;
- (6) prescribe requirements for competence before a former nurse may resume the practice of nursing under this chapter;
- (7) define by regulation the qualifications and duties of the executive secretary and delegate authority to the executive
secretary that is necessary to conduct board business;
- (8) develop reasonable and uniform standards for nursing practice;
- (9) publish advisory opinions regarding whether nursing practice procedures or policies comply with acceptable standards
of nursing practice as defined under this chapter;
- (10) require applicants under this chapter to submit fingerprints and the fees required by the Department of Public Safety
under AS 12.62.160
for criminal justice information and a national criminal history record check; the department shall submit the
fingerprints and fees to the Department of Public Safety for a report of criminal justice information under AS 12.62 and a national criminal history record check under AS 12.62.400
- (b) The board may
- (1) conduct hearings upon charges of alleged violations of this chapter or regulations adopted under it;
- (2) invoke, or request the department to invoke, disciplinary action against a licensee;
- (3) prescribe requirements for competence to continue practice.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.