Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 65. Direct-Entry Midwives
- Section 90. Apprentice Direct-Entry Midwives.
previous: Section 80
next: Section 100
AS 08.65.090. Apprentice Direct-Entry Midwives.
- (a) The board shall issue a permit to practice as an apprentice direct-entry midwife to a person who satisfies the
requirements of AS 08.65.050(1) - (3) and who has been
accepted into a program of education, training, and apprenticeship approved by the board under AS 08.65.030. A permit application under this section must
include information the board may require. The permit is valid for a term of two years and may be renewed in accordance
with regulations adopted by the board.
- (b) An apprentice direct-entry midwife may perform all the activities of a certified direct-entry midwife if supervised in
a manner prescribed by the board by
- (1) a certified-direct-entry midwife who has been licensed and practicing in this state for at least two years;
- (2) a certified direct-entry midwife who has been licensed for at least two years in a state with licensing requirements
at least equivalent in scope, quality, and difficulty to those of this state at the time of licensing, who is certified
in this state, and who has practiced midwifery for the last two years;
- (3) a physician licensed in this state with an obstetrical practice at the time of undertaking the apprenticeship; or
- (4) a certified nurse midwife licensed by the Board of Nursing in this state with an obstetrical practice at the time of
undertaking the apprenticeship.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.