Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 65. Direct-Entry Midwives
- Section 30. Duties and Powers of Board.
previous: Section 20
next: Section 40
. Administrative Procedure Act.
AS 08.65.030. Duties and Powers of Board.
- (a) The board shall
- (1) examine applicants and issue certificates to those applicants it finds qualified;
- (2) adopt regulations establishing certification and certificate renewal requirements;
- (3) issue permits to apprentice direct-entry midwives;
- (4) hold hearings and order the disciplinary sanction of a person who violates this chapter or a regulation of the board;
- (5) supply forms for applications, licenses, permits, certificates, and other papers and records;
- (6) enforce the provisions of this chapter and adopt regulations necessary to make the provisions of this chapter
- (7) approve curricula and adopt standards for basic education, training, and apprentice programs;
- (8) provide for surveys of the basic direct-entry midwife education programs in the state at the times it considers
- (9) approve education, training, and apprentice programs that meet the requirements of this chapter and of the board, and
deny, revoke, or suspend approval of such programs for failure to meet the requirements.
- (b) The board may by regulation require that a certified direct-entry midwife undergo a uniform or random period of peer
review to ensure the quality of care provided by the certified direct-entry midwife.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.