Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 63. Marital and Family Therapy
- Section 50. Powers and Duties of the Board.
previous: Section 40
. Removal of Board Members.
next: Section 60
. Administrative Procedure Act.
AS 08.63.050. Powers and Duties of the Board.
- (a) The board shall
- (1) establish objective examination requirements and training and education requirements for persons who apply for a
license to practice marital and family therapy;
- (2) examine applicants and issue licenses to qualified applicants;
- (3) establish continuing education requirements for license renewal;
- (4) adopt a code of ethical practice for marital and family therapy;
- (5) hold hearings and order the disciplinary sanction of a person who violates this chapter or a regulation of the board;
- (6) ensure that licensees are aware of the requirements of AS 47.17.020;
- (7) establish standards for supervisors and supervision under this chapter;
- (8) enforce the provisions of this chapter and adopt regulations necessary to carry out its duties under this chapter.
- (b) The board may order a licensed marital and family therapist to submit to a reasonable physical or mental examination
if the board has credible evidence sufficient to conclude that the marital and family therapist's physical or mental
capacity to practice safely is at issue.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.