Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 62. Marine Pilots
- Section 97. Training Programs For Deputy Marine Pilot License.
previous: Section 93
. Qualifications For Deputy Marine Pilot License.
next: Section 100
. Qualifications For a Marine Pilot License.
AS 08.62.097. Training Programs For Deputy Marine Pilot License.
- (a) The board shall establish standards for training programs for a deputy marine pilot license. The standards may include
- (1) supervised familiarization and training trips on vessels subject to this chapter;
- (2) supervised dockings, undockings, and tug assisted maneuvers;
- (3) special training or experience necessary to qualify for a deputy marine pilot license for a particular marine pilotage
- (4) completion of the training program within a specified period;
- (5) other training or experience that the board considers appropriate.
- (b) A person who supervises the training of persons who are seeking a deputy marine pilot license under this chapter shall
- (1) hold a marine pilot license issued under AS 08.62.100
; however, if the board finds that there are no marine pilots licensed in a pilotage region who are available to
supervise training under this section, the board may authorize a person who is licensed in that pilotage region as a
deputy marine pilot to supervise the training of persons who are seeking a deputy marine pilot license in that pilotage
- (2) receive prior authorization from the board to supervise the training of those persons;
- (3) maintain a written log and evaluation on a form provided by the board of the training and progress of the person being
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.