Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 62. Marine Pilots
- Section 100. Qualifications For a Marine Pilot License.
previous: Section 97
. Training Programs For Deputy Marine Pilot License.
next: Section 110
. Previous Licensure. [Repealed, Sec. 27 Ch 6 SLA 1984].
AS 08.62.100. Qualifications For a Marine Pilot License.
- (a) The board shall issue a marine pilot license for a marine pilotage region to a person who
- (1) is a citizen of the United States;
- (2) passes examinations that may be required by the board;
- (3) has three years experience as a deputy marine pilot licensed under this chapter; and
- (4) satisfies additional requirements as may be required by the board by regulation.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a person who holds a marine pilot license of any type on the day before July 2,
1991 shall, subject to continued eligibility for the license under this chapter and regulations adopted under this
chapter, receive a renewable marine pilot license of the same type and subject to the same qualifications and
endorsements as that which the person held on July 1, 1991. A person who receives a license under this subsection may
change the type of marine pilot license and the qualifications and endorsements attached to the license in accordance
with regulations adopted by the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.