Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 54. Big Game Guides and Related Occupations
- Section 680. Financial Responsibility and Other Requirements For Guides and Transporters.
previous: Section 670
. Failure to Renew.
next: Section 710
. Discipline of Guides and Transporters.
AS 08.54.680. Financial Responsibility and Other Requirements For Guides and Transporters.
- (a) The department may require a registered guide, who contracts to guide or outfit a big game hunt, or a transporter to
provide proof of financial responsibility up to the amount of $100,000. A registered guide or transporter may
demonstrate financial responsibility by assets, insurance, or a bond in the requisite amount.
- (b) If a registered guide-outfitter, class-A assistant guide, or assistant guide personally pilots an aircraft to transport
clients during the provision of big game hunting services, the registered guide-outfitter, class-A assistant guide, or assistant
guide shall have a commercial pilot's rating or a minimum of 500 hours of flying time in the state.
- (c) On or after January 1, 2006, a registered guide-outfitter may not provide big game hunting services and a transporter may not provide transportation services unless the registered guide-outfitter or transporter has entered into a written contract with the client for the provision of those services. A contract to provide big game hunting services must include at least the following information: the name and guide license number of the registered guide-outfitter, the name of the client, a listing of the big game to be hunted, the approximate time and dates that the client will be in the field, a statement as to what transportation is provided by the registered guide-outfitter, a statement as to whether accommodations and meals in the field are provided by the registered guide-outfitter, and a statement of the amount to be paid for the big game hunting services provided. A contract to provide transportation services must include at least the following information: the name and transporter license number of the transporter, the name of the client, a listing of the big game to be hunted, the approximate time and dates that the client will be in the field, and a statement of the amount to be paid for the transportation services provided. A registered guide-outfitter or transporter shall provide a copy of contracts to provide big game hunting services or transportation services, as appropriate, to the department upon the request of the department. Except as necessary for disciplinary proceedings conducted by the board and as necessary for law enforcement purposes by the Department of Public Safety and the Department of Law, a copy of a contract provided to the department is confidential. The department may provide a copy of contracts in the possession of the department to the Department of Fish and Game or the Department of Natural Resources upon the request of that department if the department receiving the copy agrees to maintain the confidentiality of the contracts.
Article 02. ENFORCEMENT
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.