Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 42. Morticians
- Section 70. Reciprocity.
previous: Section 60
. Scope and Conduct of Examination For a License to Practice Mortuary Science.
next: Section 80
. License. [Repealed, Sec. 49 Ch 94 SLA 1987. For Current Law, See AS 08.01.100
AS 08.42.070. Reciprocity.
- (a) The department may recognize the license issued to an embalmer or funeral director from another state if the applicant
- (1) furnishes proof satisfactory to the department that the applicant
- (A) has complied, in the state in which the applicant is licensed, with requirements substantially equal to the
requirements of this chapter; or
- (B) meets the applicable requirements for the license for which the applicant is applying except for the apprenticeship
and examination provisions and that the applicant is licensed in another state and has practiced mortuary science for
at least one year in a state where the applicant is licensed; and
- (2) takes and passes the examination provided for in (b) of this section.
- (b) The department shall examine each applicant under this section on the following subjects: Alaska vital statistics law,
the provisions of this chapter, and the regulations adopted by the department under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.