Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 42. Morticians
- Section 60. Scope and Conduct of Examination For a License to Practice Mortuary Science.
previous: Section 50
. Qualifications For License to Practice Mortuary Science.
next: Section 70
AS 08.42.060. Scope and Conduct of Examination For a License to Practice Mortuary Science.
- (a) The department shall examine applicants for an embalmer's license; the examination may include any or all of the
following subjects: (1) theory and practice of embalming, (2) anatomy, (3) pathology, (4) bacteriology, (5) hygiene,
including sanitation and public health, (6) chemistry, including toxicology, (7) restorative arts, including plastic
surgery and demi-surgery, (8) funeral service arts and sciences, and funeral service administration, including
accounting, funeral law, psychology, funeral principles, directing and management, (9) Alaska vital statistics law, and
(10) the provisions of this chapter and the regulations adopted by the department under this chapter. The department
shall examine applicants for a funeral director's license; the examination may include any or all of the subjects
included in (8), (9) and (10) of this subsection. The department may use the examination provided by the Conference of
Funeral Service Examining Boards of the United States, Inc. where it is applicable to the subjects in this section.
- (b) A passing grade in the examination is an average grade of at least 75 percent with no individual subject grade of less
than 70 percent.
- (c) If an applicant receives an average grade of at least 75 percent, but receives a grade of less than 70 percent in
three or fewer individual subjects, the applicant may be reexamined only in those subjects. The applicant is entitled
to reexamination on individual subjects only once. A grade of at least 70 percent in each of the subjects in which the
applicant is reexamined is sufficient to constitute a passing grade.
- (d) Except as provided in (c) of this section, an applicant shall be reexamined in all subjects if the applicant reapplies
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.