Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 40. Electrical and Mechanical Administrators
- Section 350. Procedure and Form of Citation.
previous: Section 340
. Issuance of Citations.
next: Section 360
. Cease and Desist Order.
AS 08.40.350. Procedure and Form of Citation.
- (a) A citation issued under AS 08.40.340
must be in writing. A person receiving the citation is not required to sign a notice to appear in court.
- (b) The time specified in the notice to appear on a citation issued under AS 08.40.340
must be at least five days, not including weekends and holidays, after the issuance of the citation, unless the person
cited requests an earlier hearing.
- (c) The department is responsible for the issuance of books containing appropriate citations and shall maintain a record
of each book issued and each citation contained in it. The department shall require and retain a receipt for every book
issued to an employee of the department.
- (d) The department shall deposit the original or a copy of the citation with a court having jurisdiction over the alleged
offense. Upon its deposit with the court, the citation may be disposed of only by trial in the court or other official
action taken by the magistrate, judge, or prosecutor. The department may not dispose of it or copies of it or of the
record of its issuance except as required under this subsection and (e) of this section.
- (e) The department shall require the return of a copy of every citation issued under AS 08.40.340
and of all copies of every citation that has been spoiled or upon which an entry has been made and not issued to an
alleged violator. The department shall also maintain, in connection with every citation issued by the department, a
record of the disposition of the charge by the court where the original or copy of the citation was deposited.
- (f) If the form of citation issued under AS 08.40.340
includes the essential facts constituting the offense charged, and if the citation is sworn to as required under the
laws of this state for a complaint charging commission of the offense alleged in the citation, then the citation when
filed with a court having jurisdiction is considered to be a lawful complaint for the purpose of prosecution.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.