Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 36. Dentistry
- Section 246. Qualification For a Specialist License.
previous: Section 244
. License to Practice as Specialist Required.
next: Section 247
. Limitation of Special Practice.
AS 08.36.246. Qualification For a Specialist License.
- (a) An applicant for a specialty license shall
- (1) meet all of the requirements under AS 08.36.110 (1) and (3);
- (2) have completed as many academic years of advanced education in the specialty as are required by the appropriate
specialty board in a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Dental Association or its
- (3) be a diplomate or the equivalent of the appropriate specialty board, or be eligible to be examined for diplomate
status as documented by an organization recognized by the American Dental Association; and
- (4) satisfy one of the following:
- (A) pass an examination approved by the board;
- (B) pass a specialty examination given by the Central Regional Examining Board; or
- (C) be board certified by a specialty certification board recognized by the American Dental Association.
- (b) The provisions of (a)(2) and (3) of this section do not apply to dentists who limit their practice exclusively and who
ethically announce limitation of practice in accordance with the Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct
of the American Dental Association.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.