Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 36. Dentistry
- Section 70. General Powers.
previous: Section 61
. Reimbursement For Expenses.
next: Section 75
. Dental Radiological Equipment.
AS 08.36.070. General Powers.
- (a) The board shall
- (1) provide for the examination of applicants and issue licenses to those applicants it finds qualified;
- (2) register licensed dentists and licensed dental hygienists who are in good standing;
- (3) affiliate with the American Association of Dental Examiners and pay annual dues to the association;
- (4) hold hearings and order the disciplinary sanction of a person who violates this chapter, AS 08.32, or a regulation of the board;
- (5) supply forms for applications, licenses, permits, certificates, and other papers and records;
- (6) enforce the provisions of this chapter and AS 08.32 and adopt or
amend the regulations necessary to make the provisions of this chapter and AS 08.32 effective;
- (7) adopt regulations ensuring that renewal of registration is contingent upon proof of continued professional competence
by a licensed dentist or licensed dental hygienist;
- (8) provide the department with the requirements for proof of continued professional competence and request the department
to make these requirements available to each licensed dentist and licensed dental hygienist at least one year before
the date on which the dentist or dental hygienist must renew registration;
- (9) at least annually cause to be published in a newspaper of general circulation in each major city in the state a
summary of disciplinary actions the board has taken during the preceding calendar year;
- (10) issue permits or certificates to licensed dentists, licensed dental hygienists, and dental assistants who meet
standards determined by the board for specific procedures that require specific education and training;
- (11) regulate the reentry into practice of inactive dentists and dental hygienists;
- (12) require, as a condition of a license or license renewal issued by the board, that an applicant or licensee has, at the
time of licensing or renewal and maintains throughout the period of a license, current certification in cardiopulmonary
resuscitation techniques, except that the board may waive this requirement under an agreement with the applicant or
licensee if the applicant or licensee documents, to the satisfaction of the board, the existence of a physical
impairment that results in an inability to be certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques and the agreement
specifies that the applicant or licensee will ensure that another person who is certified in cardiopulmonary
resuscitation techniques will be in the same room as the applicant or licensee whenever the applicant or licensee is
practicing dentistry on a living patient who is also present; the board may include in the agreement an expiration date
or provide that the agreement remains in effect until reviewed by the board.
- (b) The board may
- (1) order a licensed dentist or licensed dental hygienist to submit to a reasonable physical or mental examination if the
dentist's or the dental hygienist's physical or mental capacity to practice safely is at issue; and
- (2) authorize its representative to inspect the practice facilities or patient or professional records of a dentist at
reasonable times and in a reasonable manner to monitor compliance with this chapter and with AS 08.32.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.