Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 32. Dental Hygienists
- Section 30. Licensure By Credentials.
previous: Section 20
. Examination Required.
next: Section 35
. Temporary License.
AS 08.32.030. Licensure By Credentials.
The board may provide for the licensing without examination of a dental hygienist who
- (1) meets the criteria of AS 08.32.020
- (2) has successfully passed a state or regional dental hygiene clinical examination that the board has determined is at
least equivalent in scope, quality, and difficulty to the Alaska clinical examination;
- (3) has been in active clinical dental hygiene practice averaging not less than 700 hours a year for each of the two years
immediately preceding application for state licensure;
- (4) has not failed the clinical dental hygiene examination of this state;
- (5) has not previously had a license to practice dental hygiene issued by any state or region revoked;
- (6) has completed not less than 14 hours of continuing education related to clinical hygiene in the two years before filing an application with the board; the continuing education required under this paragraph must be approved by the board, the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, or the American Dental Hygienists' Association;
- (7) pays the fees required under AS 08.32.097
- (8) is not the subject of an unresolved complaint, review procedure, or disciplinary proceeding undertaken by a dental or
dental hygiene licensing jurisdiction.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.