Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 29. Licensed Professional Counselors
- Section 20. Duties of the Board.
previous: Section 10
. Board Creation; Membership.
next: Section 100
. Unlicensed Use of Title Prohibited.
AS 08.29.020. Duties of the Board.
- (a) In addition to the duties specified in AS 08.01, the board shall
- (1) license professional counselors, establish criteria for supervisor certification, and certify approved counselor
supervisors under this chapter; the board may provide for licensure in areas of counseling specialization;
- (2) establish continuing education requirements for the renewal of a license under this chapter;
- (3) adopt, by regulation, a code of ethics that must be observed by persons licensed under this chapter;
- (4) establish education and training requirements that must be met before a professional counselor can administer and use
assessment instruments described in AS 08.29.490
- (5) enforce the provisions of this chapter and adopt regulations necessary to carry out the board's duties under this
- (b) The board may delegate to the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development, and the department may
perform, a duty for which the board has authority.
Article 02. LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.