Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 24. Collection Agencies
- Section 190. License Not Assignable; Death of Licensee.
previous: Section 180
. Persons Presently Engaged in Collection Business. [Repealed, Sec. 62 Ch 21 SLA 1991].
next: Section 200
. Expiration and Renewal.
AS 08.24.190. License Not Assignable; Death of Licensee.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a license granted under this chapter is a personal privilege and is not
- (b) Upon the death of a collection agency licensee, the department has the right to transfer the license of the decedent
to the executor or administrator of the decedent's estate for the period of the unexpired term of the license and the
court having jurisdiction of the probate of the estate of the decedent may authorize the executor or administrator to
continue the collection agency business of the decedent and upon other terms and conditions as the court may prescribe.
- (c) The death of the operator of a corporate licensee shall in no way interfere with the continuation of the licensed
business if another licensed operator is placed in management control of the corporate licensee.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.