Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 2. Miscellaneous Provisions
- Section 20. Limitation of Liability.
previous: Section 11
. Professional Geologist.
next: Section 25
. Compliance With Student Loan Requirements. [Repealed, Sec. 18 Ch 54 SLA 1997. For Current Law, See AS 14.43.148
AS 08.02.020. Limitation of Liability.
An action may not be brought against a person for damages resulting from
- (1) the person's good faith performance of a duty, function, or activity required as a
- (A) member of, or witness before, a licensing board or peer review committee established to review a licensing matter;
- (B) member of a committee appointed under AS 08.64.336
- (C) contractor or agent of a contractor under AS 08.01.050
(d) or AS 08.64.101(5);
- (2) a recommendation or action in accordance with the prescribed duties of a licensing board, peer review committee
established to review a licensing matter, committee appointed under AS 08.64.336
(c), or contractor or agent of a contractor under AS 08.01.050
(d) or AS 08.64.101(5) when the person acts in the
reasonable belief that the action or recommendation is warranted by facts known to the person, board, peer review
committee, committee appointed under AS 08.64.336(c),
or contractor or agent of the contractor under AS 08.01.050(d) or AS 08.64.101
(5) after reasonable efforts to ascertain the facts upon which the action or recommendation is made; or
- (3) a report made in good faith to a public agency by the person, or participation by the person in an investigation by a
public agency or a judicial or administrative proceeding relating to the report, if the report relates to the abuse of
alcohol, other drugs, or other substances by a person licensed by a board listed in AS 08.01.050
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.