Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 1. Centralized Licensing
- Section 50. Administrative Duties of Department.
previous: Section 40
. Transportation and Per Diem.
next: Section 60
. Application For License.
AS 08.01.050. Administrative Duties of Department.
- (a) The department shall perform the following administrative and budgetary services when appropriate:
- (1) collect and record fees;
- (2) maintain records and files;
- (3) issue and receive application forms;
- (4) notify applicants of acceptance or rejection as determined by the board or, for occupations or activities listed in AS
that are regulated directly by the department, as determined by the department under applicable law;
- (5) designate dates examinations are to be held and notify applicants;
- (6) publish notice of examinations and proceedings;
- (7) arrange space for holding examinations and proceedings;
- (8) notify applicants of results of examinations;
- (9) issue licenses or temporary licenses as authorized by the board or, for occupations or activities listed in AS 08.01.010
that are regulated directly by the department, as authorized by the department under applicable law;
- (10) issue duplicate licenses upon submission of a written request by the licensee attesting to loss of or the failure to
receive the original and payment by the licensee of a fee established by regulation adopted by the department;
- (11) notify licensees of renewal dates at least 30 days before the expiration date of their licenses;
- (12) compile and maintain a current register of licensees;
- (13) answer routine inquiries;
- (14) maintain files relating to individual licensees;
- (15) arrange for printing and advertising;
- (16) purchase supplies;
- (17) employ additional help when needed;
- (18) perform other services that may be requested by the board;
- (19) provide inspection, enforcement, and investigative services to the boards and for the occupations listed in AS 08.01.010
regarding all licenses issued by or through the department;
- (20) retain and safeguard the official seal of a board and prepare, sign, and affix a board seal, as appropriate, for
licenses approved by a board;
- (21) issue business licenses under AS 43.70.
- (b) The form and content of a license, authorized by a board listed in AS 08.01.010
, including any document evidencing renewal of a license, shall be determined by the department after consultation with
and consideration of the views of the board concerned.
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 49 ch 94 SLA 1987].
- (d) At the request of one of the following boards, the department may contract with public agencies and private
professional organizations to provide assistance and treatment to persons licensed by the board who abuse alcohol,
other drugs, or other substances:
- (1) Board of Social Work Examiners;
- (2) Board of Dental Examiners;
- (3) Board of Dispensing Opticians;
- (4) State Medical Board;
- (5) Board of Nursing;
- (6) Board of Examiners in Optometry;
- (7) Board of Pharmacy;
- (8) State Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Board;
- (9) Board of Professional Counselors;
- (10) Board of Psychologist and Psychological Associate Examiners;
- (11) Board of Veterinary Examiners; and
- (12) Board of Marital and Family Therapy.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.