Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 20. Alaska Small Loans Act
- Section 320. Civil Penalties.
previous: Section 310
. Effect of Illegal Interest Rate.
next: Section 330
AS 06.20.320. Civil Penalties.
- (a) A licensee or lender who, in the making or collection of a loan contract, does any act that violates AS 06.20.230
- 06.20.260 or 06.20.280 - 06.20.310 shall at the option of the commissioner
reimburse the portion of the interest and charges in excess of that provided in those sections, or, in the case of
repeated violations of those sections by the licensee, the commissioner may, upon a hearing, require the licensee to
adjust the loan contract interest or other charges down to the contract interest limitation specified in AS 45.45.010(a).
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 26 SLA 1993].
- (c) If a penalty for failure to comply with financing disclosure requirements under regulations adopted by the Board of
Governors of the Federal Reserve System is imposed by the federal authorities, the department may not impose a civil
penalty under this section for the same act or omission.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.