Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 20. Alaska Small Loans Act
- Section 270. Requirements For Making and Payment of Loans.
previous: Section 260
. Charges Prohibited.
next: Section 280
. Maximum Charge By Licensee.
AS 06.20.270. Requirements For Making and Payment of Loans.
Except as provided in AS 06.20.285
for open-end loans, every licensee shall
- (1) deliver to the borrower at the time a loan is made a statement containing a printed copy of AS 06.20.230
- 06.20.260 in the English language and showing in
clear and distinct terms the amount and date of the loan and its maturity, the nature of the security, if any, for the
loan, the name and address of the borrower and the licensee, and the agreed rate of charge;
- (2) give to the borrower a plain and complete receipt for all payments made on account of the loan at the time payments
are made, specifying the amount applied to interest and the amount, if any, applied to principal, and stating the
unpaid principal balance, if any, of the loan;
- (3) permit payment to be made in advance in any amount on a contract of loan at any time, but the licensee may apply the
advance payment first to all interest in full at the agreed rate up to the date of payment;
- (4) upon repayment of the loan in full, mark indelibly every obligation and security signed by the borrower with the word
"Paid" or "Cancelled," and release any mortgage, restore any pledge, cancel and return any note, and cancel and return
any assignment given to the licensee by the borrower;
- (5) display prominently in each licensed place of business a full and accurate schedule, approved by the department, of
the charges to be made and the method of computing them.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.