Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 5. Amusements and Sports
- Chapter 5. Athletic Commission
- Section 20. Commissioner of Athletics.
previous: Section 10
. Creation and Duties of Athletic Commission.
next: Section 30
. Professional and Semi-Professional Athletic Programs.
AS 05.05.020. Commissioner of Athletics.
- (a) The governor shall appoint the commissioner of athletics to serve at the governor's pleasure. The commissioner shall
be selected on the basis of knowledge of and contribution to athletics in the state. The commissioner serves for a
period of five years.
- (b) The commissioner shall, with the aid and counsel of the commission, adopt regulations governing athletics and athletic
programs and contests as the commissioner considers necessary, expedient, and appropriate. The regulations have the
force and effect of law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.