Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 50. Alaska Revised Limited Liability Company Act
- Section 170. Rights, Powers, and Liabilities of Assignee Who Becomes a Member.
previous: Section 165
. Authorization For Assignee to Become Member.
next: Section 180
. Rights of Assignor When Assignee Becomes a Member.
AS 10.50.170. Rights, Powers, and Liabilities of Assignee Who Becomes a Member.
- (a) An assignee who becomes a member has, to the extent assigned, the rights and powers of a member under the articles of
organization, an operating agreement, and this chapter, and is subject to the restrictions and liabilities of a member
under the articles of organization, an operating agreement, and this chapter.
- (b) In addition to the liabilities imposed under (a) of this section, an assignee of a limited liability company interest
who becomes a member of the company is liable for an obligation of the assignor to make a contribution under AS 10.50.280
that is not imposed by the articles of organization, an operating agreement, or otherwise by this chapter.
- (c) Notwithstanding (a) and (b) of this section, an assignee who becomes a member is not liable for liabilities that are
unknown to the assignee when the assignee becomes a member and that cannot be determined from the written records of
the company maintained under AS 10.50.860.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.