- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 3. Negotiable Instruments
- Section 410. Acceptance Varying Draft.
previous: Section 409
. Acceptance of Draft; Certified Check.
next: Section 411
. Refusal to Pay Cashier's Checks, Teller's Checks, and Certified Checks.
AS 45.03.410. Acceptance Varying Draft.
- (a) If the terms of a drawee's acceptance vary from the terms of the draft as presented, the holder may refuse the
acceptance and treat the draft as dishonored. In that case, the drawee may cancel the acceptance.
- (b) The terms of a draft are not varied by an acceptance to pay at a particular bank or place in the United States, unless
the acceptance states that the draft is to be paid only at that bank or place.
- (c) If the holder assents to an acceptance varying the terms of a draft, the obligation of each drawer and endorser that
does not expressly assent to the acceptance is discharged.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.