- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 3. Negotiable Instruments
- Section 115. Incomplete Instrument.
previous: Section 114
. Contradictory Terms of Instrument.
next: Section 116
. Joint and Several Liability; Contribution.
AS 45.03.115. Incomplete Instrument.
- (a) "Incomplete instrument" means a signed writing, whether or not issued by the signer, the contents of which show at the
time of signing that it is incomplete but that the signer intended it to be completed by the addition of words or
- (b) Subject to (c) of this section, if an incomplete instrument is an instrument under AS 45.03.104
, it may be enforced according to its terms if it is not completed, or according to its terms as augmented by
completion. If an incomplete instrument is not an instrument under AS 45.03.104 but, after completion, the requirements of AS
are met, the instrument may be enforced according to its terms as augmented by completion.
- (c) If words or numbers are added to an incomplete instrument without authority of the signer, there is an alteration of
the incomplete instrument under AS 45.03.407
- (d) The burden of establishing that words or numbers were added to an incomplete instrument without authority of the
signer is on the person asserting the lack of authority.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.