- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 730. Use of Convener.
previous: Section 720
. Determination of Need For Negotiated Regulation Making Committee.
next: Section 740
. Establishment, Time Line, Support, and Termination of Committee.
AS 44.62.730. Use of Convener.
- (a) An agency head may use the services of an impartial person as a convener to assist in making the determination of need
under AS 44.62.720 and to assist the agency to
- (1) identify the persons who will be significantly affected by a proposed regulation; and
- (2) conduct discussions with affected persons on the issues of concern and determine whether the establishment of a
negotiated regulation making committee is feasible and appropriate for the particular proposed regulation.
- (b) A person acting as a convener may also be named as a facilitator under AS 44.62.760
. The convener shall report findings and make recommendations to the agency. The report and recommendations of the
convener shall be made available to the public upon request.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.