- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 710. Purpose and Applicability of AS 44.62.710
previous: Section 650
. [Renumbered as AS 44.62.950
next: Section 720
. Determination of Need For Negotiated Regulation Making Committee.
AS 44.62.710. Purpose and Applicability of AS 44.62.710
- (a) The purpose of AS 44.62.710
- 44.62.800 is to establish a framework for the
conduct of negotiated regulation making consistent with AS 44.62.010
- 44.62.320. Negotiated regulation making is not a
substitute for the requirements of AS 44.62.010
- 44.62.320 but may be used as a supplemental
procedure to permit the direct participation of affected interests in the development of new regulations or the
amendment or repeal of existing regulations. A consensus agreement reached by a negotiated regulation making committee
may be modified by an agency head as a result of the subsequent regulation making process. AS 44.62.710
- 44.62.800 may not be construed as an attempt to
limit innovation and experimentation with the negotiated regulation making process or to limit other means to obtain
public participation in the regulation making process.
- (b) The provisions of AS 44.62.710
- 44.62.800 may be used by an agency even if other
provisions of this chapter do not apply to that agency.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.