- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 40. Submitting Regulations.
previous: Section 30
. Consistency Between Regulation and Statute.
next: Section 50
. Style and Forms.
AS 44.62.040. Submitting Regulations.
- (a) Subject to (c) of this section, every state agency that by statute possesses regulation-making authority shall submit
to the lieutenant governor for filing a certified original and one duplicate copy of every regulation or order of
repeal adopted by it, except one that
- (1) establishes or fixes rates, prices, or tariffs;
- (2) relates to the use of public works, including streets and highways, under the jurisdiction of a state agency if the
effect of the order is indicated to the public by means of signs or signals; or
- (3) is directed to a specifically named person or to a group of persons and does not apply generally throughout the state.
- (b) Citation of the general statutory authority under which a regulation is adopted, as well as citation of specific
statutory sections being implemented, interpreted, or made clear, must follow the text of each regulation submitted
under (a) of this section.
- (c) Before submitting the regulations and orders of repeal to the lieutenant governor under (a) of this section, every
state agency that by statute possesses regulation making authority, except boards and commissions, the office of
victims' rights, and the office of the ombudsman, shall submit to the governor for review a copy of every regulation or
order of repeal adopted by the agency, except regulations and orders of repeal identified in (a)(1) - (2) of this
section. The governor may review the regulations and orders of repeal received under this subsection. The governor may
return the regulations and orders of repeal to the adopting agency before they are submitted to the lieutenant governor
for filing under (a) of this section (1) if they are inconsistent with the faithful execution of the laws, or (2) to
enable the adopting agency to respond to specific issues raised by the Administrative Regulation Review Committee. The
governor may not delegate the governor's review authority under this subsection to a person other than the lieutenant
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.