- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 13. Alaska Permanent Fund and Corporation
- Section 145. Disposition of Income.
previous: Section 140
next: Section 150
. Corporation Budget.
AS 37.13.145. Disposition of Income.
- (a) The earnings reserve account is established as a separate account in the fund. Income from the fund shall be deposited
by the corporation into the account as soon as it is received. Money in the account shall be invested in investments
authorized under AS 37.13.120
- (b) At the end of each fiscal year, the corporation shall transfer from the earnings reserve account to the dividend fund
established under AS 43.23.045
, 50 percent of the income available for distribution under AS 37.13.140
- (c) After the transfer under (b) of this section, the corporation shall transfer from the earnings reserve
account to the principal of the fund an amount sufficient to offset the effect of inflation on principal of the fund during that fiscal
year. However, none of the amount transferred shall be applied to increase the value of that portion of the principal attributed to the
settlement of State v. Amerada Hess, et al., 1JU-77-847 Civ. (Superior Court, First Judicial District) on July 1, 2004. The corporation
shall calculate the amount to transfer to the principal under this subsection by
- (1) computing the average of the monthly United States Consumer Price Index for all urban consumers for each of the two
previous calendar years;
- (2) computing the percentage change between the first and second calendar year average; and
- (3) applying that rate to the value of the principal of the fund on the last day of the fiscal year just ended,
including that portion of the principal attributed to the settlement of State v. Amerada Hess, et al., 1JU-77-847 Civ. (Superior Court,
First Judicial District).
- (d) Notwithstanding (b) of this section, income earned on money awarded in or received as a result of State v. Amerada
Hess, et al., 1JU-77-847 Civ. (Superior Court, First Judicial District), including settlement, summary judgment, or
adjustment to a royalty-in-kind contract that is tied to the outcome of this case, or interest earned on the money, or
on the earnings of the money shall be treated in the same manner as other income of the Alaska permanent fund, except
that it is not available for distribution to the dividend fund or for transfers to the principal under (c) of this section, and shall be
annually deposited into the Alaska capital income fund (AS 37.05.565 ).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.