- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 32. Partnership
- Chapter 11. Uniform Limited Partnership Act
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 890
. Rules For Conversions and Other Cases Not Covered By Chapter.
next: Section 990
. Short Title.
AS 32.11.900. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "certificate of limited partnership" means the certificate referred to in AS 32.11.010
and the certificate as amended or restated;
- (2) "commissioner" means the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (3) "contribution" means cash, property, services rendered, or a promissory note or other binding obligation to contribute
cash or property or to perform services, that a partner contributes to a limited partnership as a partner;
- (4) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (5) "event of withdrawal of a general partner" means an event that causes a person to cease to be a general partner under
- (6) "foreign limited partnership" means a partnership formed under the laws of a state other than this state and having as
partners one or more general partners and one or more limited partners;
- (7) "general partner" means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a general partner in accordance
with the partnership agreement and named in the certificate of limited partnership as a general partner;
- (8) "limited partner" means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a limited partner in accordance
with the partnership agreement;
- (9) "limited partnership" and "domestic limited partnership" mean a partnership formed by two or more persons under the
laws of this state and having one or more general partners and one or more limited partners;
- (10) "partner" means a limited or general partner;
- (11) "partnership agreement" means a valid agreement, written or oral, of the partners as to the affairs of a limited
partnership and the conduct of its business;
- (12) "partnership interest" means a partner's share of the profits and losses of a limited partnership and the right to
receive distributions of partnership assets;
- (13) "state" means a state, territory, or possession of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.