- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 32. Partnership
- Chapter 6. Uniform Partnership Act
- Section 306. Partner's Liability.
previous: Section 305
. Partnership Liable For Partner's Actionable Conduct.
next: Section 307
. Actions By and Against Partnership and Partners.
AS 32.06.306. Partner's Liability.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (b) and (c) of this section, all partners are liable jointly and severally for all
obligations of the partnership unless otherwise agreed by the claimant or provided by law.
- (b) A person admitted as a partner into an existing partnership is not personally liable for a partnership obligation
incurred before the person's admission as a partner.
- (c) An obligation of a partnership incurred while the partnership is a limited liability partnership, whether arising in
contract, in tort, or otherwise, is solely the obligation of the partnership. A partner is not personally liable,
directly or indirectly, by way of contribution or otherwise, for the obligation solely by reason of being or acting as
a partner. This subsection applies even if inconsistent with a partnership agreement provision that exists immediately
before the vote required to become a limited liability partnership under AS 32.06.911(b).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.