- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 31. Oil and Gas
- Chapter 15. Common Purchasers of Oil
- Section 50. Definitions.
previous: Section 40
next: Chapter 30
. Miscellaneous Provisions
AS 31.15.050. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "commission" means the Regulatory Commission of Alaska;
- (2) "field" means a general area which is underlain or appears to be underlain by at least one pool, and includes the
underground reservoir containing oil or gas; and the words "pool" and "field" mean the same thing when only one
underground reservoir is involved, but "field" unlike "pool" may relate to two or more pools;
- (3) "oil" includes crude petroleum oil and other hydrocarbons regardless of gravity which are produced at the wellhead in
liquid form and the liquid hydrocarbons known as distillate or condensate recovered or extracted from gas, other than
gas produced in association with oil and commonly known as casinghead gas;
- (4) "pool" means an underground reservoir containing oil; each zone of a general structure which is completely separated
from any other zone in the structure is covered by the term "pool";
- (5) "purchaser" means a person who purchases oil in the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.