Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 35. Offenses and Accidents
- Section 261. Operation of Low-Speed Vehicles.
previous: Section 260
. [Renumbered as AS 28.90.990
next: Section 270
. [Renumbered as AS 28.90.995
AS 28.35.261. Operation of Low-Speed Vehicles.
- (a) The operator of a low-speed vehicle is subject to all the traffic and other laws applicable
to operators of passenger vehicles.
- (b) The operator of a low-speed vehicle may not operate that vehicle on a highway that has a
maximum speed of more than 35 miles an hour. Notwithstanding this subsection, the operator of a low-speed vehicle may
cross a highway that has a maximum speed limit of more than 35 miles an hour if the crossing is made at the intersection
with a highway that is authorized for low-speed vehicles.
- (c) Notwithstanding AS 28.01.010 , a municipality may, by ordinance, further
restrict the operation of low-speed vehicles within its jurisdiction.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.