Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 51. Department May Suspend or Revoke Registration.
previous: Section 50
. Application. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 60
. Vehicles Registered Elsewhere. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.10.051. Department May Suspend or Revoke Registration.
- (a) The department may suspend or revoke the registration of a vehicle, the certificate of registration or registration
plates for a vehicle, or a special permit when
- (1) the department determines that the registration or certificate, plate, or permit was fraudulently procured or
- (2) the department determines that a registered vehicle is mechanically unsafe to be driven or moved on a highway,
vehicular way or area, or other public property in this state and the vehicle has been seized or impounded under AS 28.05.091
- (3) a registered vehicle has been scrapped, dismantled, or destroyed beyond repair;
- (4) the department determines that a required fee or tax has not been paid and the fee or tax is not paid upon reasonable
notice and demand;
- (5) a registration plate, permit, or certificate is knowingly displayed upon a vehicle other than the vehicle for which
- (6) the department determines that the owner of a vehicle has committed an offense under this chapter involving the
registration or the certificate, plate, or permit to be suspended or revoked;
- (7) the vehicle has been reported to the department as stolen or unlawfully converted;
- (8) the department is otherwise required to do so under the laws of this state;
- (9) the department determines that the vehicle owner has violated the requirements of AS 28.10.146
- (10) the department determines that a repair to a commercial motor vehicle, ordered by the Department of Transportation and
Public Facilities or the Department of Public Safety under regulations adopted under AS 19, was not completed after the owner or operator represented to the
Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, the Department of Public Safety, or the Department of
Administration that the repair had been completed; or
- (11) the owner or operator of a commercial motor vehicle has placed a commercial motor vehicle back in service after it has
been placed out of service by the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities or the Department of Public Safety
without having it reinspected as required under regulations adopted under AS 19.
- (b) Unless the owner qualifies as a self-insurer under AS 28.20.400
, or is exempted from obtaining liability insurance under AS 28.22.011
, the department may suspend or revoke the registration of a vehicle that is not insured by a motor vehicle liability
policy that complies with AS 28.22.101
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.