Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 35. Vocational Education
- Section 20. Duties of State Board of Education and Early Development.
previous: Section 10
. Acceptance of Act of Congress For Vocational Education.
next: Section 25
. Duties of the Department of Education and Early Development.
AS 14.35.020. Duties of State Board of Education and Early Development.
- (a) The state Board of Education and Early Development serves as the state board for the purposes of any of the Acts
described in AS 14.35.010.
- (b) When required by any of the Acts described in AS 14.35.010
, the board shall
- (1) prepare, submit, and supervise the administration of the plans for vocational education;
- (2) select a state director of vocational education;
- (3) establish the minimum qualifications for teachers, supervisors, or directors;
- (4) determine the prorated basis on which money shall be available for the salary and necessary travel expenses of the
state director of vocational education;
- (5) consider the advice of the Alaska Workforce Investment Board established by AS 23.15.550
regarding employment training needs and advise that board in the development of vocational education programs.
- (c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to repeal or modify any existing statute.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.