Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 16. Special Schools
- Section 50. Applicability of Education Laws.
previous: Section 40
. Status of State Boarding School.
next: Section 60
. Status of Employees.
AS 14.16.050. Applicability of Education Laws.
- (a) The following provisions apply with respect to the operation and management of a state boarding school as if it were a
- (1) requirements relating to school district operations:
- (A) AS 14.03.030
- 14.03.050 (defining the school term, day in
session, and school holidays);
- (B) AS 14.03.083
- 14.03.140 (miscellaneous provisions applicable to
school district operations);
- (C) regulations adopted by the board under authority of AS 14.07.020(a) that are applicable to school districts and
their schools, unless the board specifically exempts state boarding schools from compliance with a regulation;
- (D) AS 14.12.150
(authorizing school districts to establish and participate in the services of a regional resource center);
- (E) AS 14.14.050
(imposing the requirement of an annual audit);
- (F) AS 14.14.110
(authorizing cooperation with other school districts);
- (G) AS 14.14.140
(b) (establishing a prohibition on employment of a relative of the chief school administrator);
- (H) AS 14.18 (prohibiting discrimination based on sex in public
- (2) requirements relating to the public school funding program and the receipt and expenditure of that funding:
- (A) AS 14.17.500
(relating to student count estimates);
- (B) AS 14.17.505
(relating to school operating fund balances);
- (C) AS 14.17.500
- 14.17.910 (setting out the procedure for payment of
public school funding and imposing general requirements and limits on money paid);
- (3) requirements relating to teacher employment and retirement:
- (A) AS 14.14.105
and 14.14.107 (relating to sick leave);
- (B) AS 14.20.095
- 14.20.215 (relating to the employment and tenure of
- (C) AS 14.20.220
(relating to the salaries of teachers employed);
- (D) AS 14.20.280
- 14.20.350 (relating to sabbatical leave provisions
- (E) AS 23.40.070
- 23.40.260 (authorizing collective bargaining by
certificated employees), except with regard to teachers who are administrators and except that the board may delegate
some or all of its responsibilities under those statutes;
- (F) AS 14.25 (provisions regarding the teachers' retirement system);
- (4) requirements relating to students and educational programs:
- (A) AS 14.30.180
- 14.30.350 (relating to educational services for
children with disabilities);
- (B) AS 14.30.360
- 14.30.370 (establishing health education program
- (C) AS 14.30.400
- 14.30.410 (relating to bilingual and bicultural
- (b) A person employed as a teacher at Mt. Edgecumbe High School on May 28, 1988, acquires tenure rights in accordance with
and 14.20.155 as though the person had been employed
by a school district.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.