Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 52. Health Care Decisions Act
- Section 230. Rights and Duties at Death.
previous: Section 220
. Delivery of Document of Gift.
next: Section 240
. Coordination of Procurement and Use.
AS 13.52.230. Rights and Duties at Death.
- (a) Rights of a donee created by an anatomical gift are superior to rights of others except with respect to autopsies
under AS 13.52.260(b). A donee may accept or reject an
anatomical gift. If a donee accepts an anatomical gift of an entire body, the donee, subject to the terms of the gift,
may allow embalming and use of the body in funeral services. If the gift is of a part of a body, the donee, upon the
death of the donor and before embalming, shall cause the part to be removed without unnecessary mutilation. After
removal of the part, custody of the remainder of the body vests in the person under obligation to dispose of the body.
- (b) The time of death of a donor shall be determined by a physician or nurse under AS 09.68.120
. A physician who attends the donor at death and a physician who determines the time of death may not participate in
the procedures for removing or transplanting a part unless the document of gift designates a particular physician under
- (c) If there has been an anatomical gift, a technician may remove any donated parts after determination of death by a
physician or nurse.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.