Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 52. Health Care Decisions Act
- Section 210. Persons Who May Become Donees; Purposes For Which Anatomical Gifts May Be Made.
previous: Section 200
. Routine Inquiry and Required Request; Search and Notification.
next: Section 220
. Delivery of Document of Gift.
AS 13.52.210. Persons Who May Become Donees; Purposes For Which Anatomical Gifts May Be Made.
- (a) The following persons may become donees of anatomical gifts for the purposes stated:
- (1) a hospital, physician, surgeon, or procurement organization for transplantation, therapy, medical or dental education,
research, or advancement of medical or dental science;
- (2) an accredited medical or dental school, college, or university for education, research, or advancement of medical or
dental science; or
- (3) a designated individual for transplantation or therapy needed by that individual.
- (b) An anatomical gift may be made to a designated donee or without designating a donee. If a donee is not designated or
if the donee is not available or rejects the anatomical gift, the anatomical gift may be accepted by any hospital.
- (c) If the donee knows of the decedent's refusal or contrary indications to make an anatomical gift or that an anatomical
gift by a member of a class having priority to act is opposed by a member of the same class or a prior class under AS
(a), the donee may not accept the anatomical gift.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.