Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 52. Health Care Decisions Act
- Section 70. Health Care Information.
previous: Section 65
. Do Not Resuscitate Protocol and Identification Requirements.
next: Section 80
AS 13.52.070. Health Care Information.
- (a) Unless otherwise specified in an advance health care directive, a person then authorized to make health care decisions
for a patient has the same rights as the patient to request, receive, examine, copy, and consent to the disclosure of
medical or other health care information.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, if there is a question about the principal's capacity, an agent or a surrogate of
the principal may immediately access the personal health care information necessary to determine the principal's
capacity, even if the agency or surrogacy does not become effective until the principal lacks capacity.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.