Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 52. Health Care Decisions Act
- Section 55. Pregnancy.
previous: Section 50
. Decisions For Exceptional Procedures.
next: Section 60
. Obligations of Health Care Providers, Institutions, and Facilities.
AS 13.52.055. Pregnancy.
- (a) Before implementing a health care decision for a woman of childbearing age that would affect a fetus if present, the
supervising health care provider shall take reasonable steps to determine whether the woman is pregnant.
- (b) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter to the contrary, an advance health care directive by a patient or
a decision by the person then authorized to make health care decisions for a patient may not be given effect if
- (1) the patient is a woman who is pregnant and lacks capacity;
- (2) the directive or decision is to withhold or withdraw life-sustaining procedures;
- (3) the withholding or withdrawal of the life-sustaining procedures would, in reasonable medical judgment, be likely to
result in the death of the patient; and
- (4) it is probable that the fetus could develop to the point of live birth if the life-sustaining procedures were
- (c) This section does not apply to emergency services in the field.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.